Simple Low Cost Wire Antennas for Radio Amateurs
By William Orr
· Easy! How to build tested wire antennas (2 through 160 meters) that really get out-horizontals, verticals, beams, trap antennas, ground planes, etc.
· Exclusive! The CIA special and Dick Tracy "invisible" antennas! Also, how to build other "invisible" antennas for Hams in apartment houses and other locations where radio and TV antennas are "prohibited".
· Exact dimensions in feet and inches-also in meters and centimeters-for every antenna described-no guesswork!
· How to build two "all purpose" antenna tuners with 100 uses!
· The truth about baluns; How to build an efficient, inexpensive balun for optimum antenna performance and accurate SWR readings.
· How to build 2-3-4-, and 5 band trap dipoles.
· How to construct your own efficient traps and save real money!
· 3-band Novice dipole for 80, 40 and 15 meters-with only 1 feedline!
· Ground plane antennas for VHF, 6, 10, 15, 20, and 40 meters, and high-gain beam antennas especially suited for 2 and 6 meters FM.