THE BEAM ANTENNA HANDBOOK
By WILLIAM ORR
· Accurate beam dimensions for the 40,30,20,17,15,12,10, and 6 meter bands and VHF bands, in english and Metric systems-there's no guesswork!
· Computer-aided design parameters for HF and VHF Yagi beams; Compare your beam's dimensions with the optimum dimensions listed.
· How the height of your beam affects DX results, and the truth about optimum angle of radiation.
· How elegant taper and mounting hardware affect your beam's performance.
· How to tell if your beam is working properly; the effect of nearby objects; the truth about antenna gain; all about triband and mini-beams.
· Inexpensive antenna test instruments you can build easily; why your SWR meter is your best friend-and how it can fool you!
· What to look for in zoning and deed restrictions & local ordinances.